- One pound will make about 4 burgers. Using 3-4 ounces of ground lamb, form 3/4 inch-thick patties. Since meat contracts when it cooks, be sure to dimple your patties to avoid the “burger bulge.”
- Time to season your burger! Make your favorite burger recipe but add fresh herbs and seasonings that complement the lamb. Combinations such as these are crowd pleasers:
- Garlic, cumin, coriander, and cinnamon
- Oregano, mint, chopped onion and a bit of lemon zest
- Be sure to only salt the outside of your burger. Salt begins dissolving proteins in the meat which may cause a more compact, springy texture, which is great for sausage and many other lamb cuts, but not for burgers.
Pro tip: Make sure the size of your raw burger patties are about half an inch larger in diameter than your bun. Then, once it’s cooked, you will have the perfect bun-to-burger ratio.